Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday's musings on Body Clutter.

I have started to read body clutter again with a friend. we had to read the intro and the 1st chapter. Here is what I gleamed from the pages. LOL

"Who I am does not equal my dress size." page xix line 10
This was a weird concept for me. I mean, I used to gain weight (subconciously) to hide, to turn people off, as a mechanism to hide away from everyone. I am learning that this was a whole load of rubbish. My dress size is nothing. I am who I am and nothing can change that. I am learning to be comfortable in my own skin. I know I want to do more but I am genuinely starting to become happy with who I am and how my life is. Granted, some of it suxs but it isn't really that bad. The fact that I am learning this at 26 is awesome. I was going to be 21 next year (I missed out on a 21st) instead of being 27 but you know what. I am going to embrace me.


"not all mindless eating is triggered by pain" page 4 paragraph 3 line 1
the book mentioned that we can eat mindlessly when we starve ourselves to the point of then binging. I don't think this is the only form of mindlessly eating. I can't count the ammount of times I have started reading a book with a full packet of chips and a big block of chocolate to find the book read and both packets empty. was I hungry??? nope but did I mindlessly eat. abso-blooming-lutely


"food only seemed all-powerful when I gave it power" page 8 paragraph 2 line 4
In the past 12 weeks (I have been doing a health challenge) I have learnt how true this statement really is. Food hasn't had power over me. I controlled it not it me and I have been being blessed because of it. I have lost 10.8kg of weight and many tonnes more of emotional baggage. I am free-er than I have been almost my whole life and I am learning who I really am.
This experience both in the book by FLYlady and Leanne and in the health challenge has changed who I am from the inside out.


If you want a reccommendation of an awesome book... get body clutter.

Jen

No comments: