Sunday, November 11, 2007

body clutter mission chapter 1

FIRST MEMORY OF COMFORT FOOD
Jelly beans and soft lollies (especially cigars and teeth) Dad gave them to me. there was a sneakyness about it. It was like a game in our family. I could only have some if Dad didn't see me take it.He would hold the bag/container out towards me but turn his head so he couldn't see me.it was a really big thing when my step mum was around.


FAVOURITE FOOD WHEN NEEDING COMFORT
Mashed potato and garlic salt sandwiches


LOOKING BACK, WHY DO i LOVE IT SO MUCH?
I don't any more but when I did, it was because it was warm and made me feel less empty and it was always available for me to eat.


FIRST MEMORY OF USING IT
It was just after I moved out of home for the first time. I had a whole heap of emotions swirling around but asn't able to talk to my Dad as my step mum wouldn't allow it. At my aunties, we always had left over potato (I am guessing that there were other vegies also) and having it with a sandwich was just too tempting. It gave me the feeling of being cared for.


Thanks for listening. Sorry if it is boring

Jen

No comments: